Saturday, August 15, 2009

last one!

This year i finally made it to the flag hoisting ceremony at our college campus...this was my first time there[and the last] and after going there i realised that am doing it[singing my national anthem and witnessing a flag hoisiting] after 8 long years[last being when i was in 9th] which made me very nostalgic and in fact little patriotic!!...

p.s

1-have taken the snaps which am putting in my private picture blog.

2-everytime i come across our nat anthem i make it a point to standup[atleast try]..how many of u guys indeed do this??

8 comments:

gP said...

stand up and respect the flag. we are proud of who we are, aligned by the political borders that kept us as citizens :)

its a proud moment indeed.

Smita said...

I also make it a point to stand up when the National Anethem plays!!!

And I don't remember that when was the last time when I attended a similar function. Great that u did :)

Saranya S said...

Oh well done. lol.
Its been years since I've sung my national anthem last.

Mariposa said...

I always do...and we put our right hand where our heart is.

Hope your weekend is fun!

Arun Kumar said...

hmmm. me too havent been to flag hoisting in a looong time.. i think my last time was in 12th std...

havent sung the anthem in a long time too... :)

Sahefa said...

I am sure flag hoisting would be a wonderful occasion...never been there:P
wish i could see the pictured as well...but anyways...have a nice day!:)

Pavi!!!! said...

Since I passed out of school…for several months I felt very weird at not hearing the national anthem sung everyday I have wondered why the practice isn’t there in colleges. But I think its b’coz while we are in our teens n early adulthood we are “too cool” to be standing up for the national anthem. N I must admit I myself have developed a greater respect for the anthem when it wasn’t anymore a daily affair. I think even for you it was of greater significance ‘coz u knew it would be the LAST time???
For the last several years when I see the flag being hoisted n the national anthem being sung..my eyes swell up with tears of pride often.

Jai Hind!

PS: would like to see the picture please?

Reflections said...

Me too...wherever I am tho I hear it so rarely now:-(